Welcome to Consulting Connect!
Consulting Connect is an initiative through the Meruelo Family Center for Career Development to educate and prepare undergraduate students who are passionate about management consulting as a career path. This initiative is lead by Assistant Director of Undergraduate Career Services, Bailey Bushman and an advisory board of students with experience and insight in this growing industry.
The Pillars of Consulting Connect
We aim to provide best-in-class resources for Notre Dame students to learn about the ever-expanding consulting industry. These resources help students define "what is consulting?" and "why do I want to pursue a career in consulting?".
We aim to provide developmental opportunities for Notre Dame students throughout both the application and interview process. Enhancing these skills will also ensure each student is walking into his or her first day with pride and confidence.
We aim to connect Notre Dame students with alumni and corporate partners to develop lasting relationships. Each relationship is critical to a student's near- and long-term success.
When should I start thinking about life post-graduation?
- Now! It is never too early to start thinking about what you want to do and how to get there.
How do I start thinking about my career?
- Schedule an appointment with the Center for Career Development; talk to upperclassmen, professors, family, and friends; start doing some research online of your own in areas that interest you.
What should I focus on when prepping for interviews?
- The case is the most important part of the interview process for many firms, but behavioral interviews are just as important. Make sure to practice both with peers and on your own.
I don't know anyone who wants to practice cases, what should I do?
- There are plenty of ways to find case buddies; reach out to peers through your own network, meet peers at consulting events, or sign up for a peer case mock appointment via Handshake.
What does the recruiting timeline typically look like?
- Recruiting timelines vary by student, but for most, internship recruiting takes place in the fall of their junior year, and full time recruiting takes place in the fall of their senior year. Opportunities exist before and after these timelines, so stay vigilant and you may find great opportunities throughout the year.
How can I get more involved with Consulting Connect?