When should I start thinking about life post-graduation?
- Now! It is never too early to start thinking about what you want to do and how to get there.
How do I start thinking about my career?
- Schedule an appointment with the Center for Career Development; talk to upperclassmen, professors, family, and friends; start doing some research online of your own in areas that interest you.
What should I focus on when prepping for interviews?
- The case is the most important part of the interview process for many firms, but behavioral interviews are just as important. Make sure to practice both with peers and on your own.
I don't know anyone who wants to practice cases, what should I do?
- There are plenty of ways to find case buddies; reach out to peers through your own network, meet peers at consulting events, or sign up for a peer case mock appointment via Handshake.
What does the recruiting timeline typically look like?
- Recruiting timelines vary by student, but for most, internship recruiting takes place in the fall of their junior year, and full time recruiting takes place in the fall of their senior year. Opportunities exist before and after these timelines, so stay vigilant and you may find great opportunities throughout the year.
How can I get more involved with Consulting Connect?